Sunday, April 25, 2004

Stranded

And so it happened again this weekend. I found myself stranded on the side of the road with a car that just stopped working. So fun. It's amazing how you can be driving along fine and then all of a sudden it's not so good anymore. Hopefully it is not too serious. I have been lucky throughout my many car problems. Very few of them have been serious and I have managed to get by. I am hoping that this is another one of those times as I wait for the verdict as to what happened.

I have to say that being stranded is an experience I find very difficult. The biggest challenge is that I had to depend a lot on people this weekend. Depending on others is a pastime that I try to avoid. I guess I just would rather depend upon myself. But life doesn't work that way.

I am sure that God was trying to teach me something...like branching out of my independence that I rely on more and more each day. As well as patience (the ongoing lesson of my life). I'm hoping that tonight and tomorrow are the last days of being stranded, but perhaps the other lesson God wants to teach me is that life doesn't always run on my schedule. All in all a broken down car can give many life lessons.

Finally I just want to say thanks to those of you who helped me out when I was in distress. It's good to know that before I was left "stranded" God placed in my life people who would be there for me. Thanks.

0 comments: