Friday, April 23, 2004

Mud, Traffic, and Music

It couldn't be anything else but Ichthus. However, last night was an Ichthus I think will go down in history. As I sit here in my nice, warm, DRY apartment I recall the very cool, muddy, WET Ichthus that I attended last night. You know it doesn't get much better than kids covered in mud praising God. In fact as I was driving out of town past the multiple mile long traffic jam (at 12:30 in the morning!), I had this thought of all these people storming the city for God. Now, I don't know if Wilmore is actually the city that needs to be stormed, but it's a good start.
See the thing is, if it was me in the car for 3 + hours, I would have turned around. I just don't think my love of Ichthus extends that deep. But after last night, I think that I would definatley give it a try because if those people can do it, I can do it.
I don't know if I will make it back to Ichthus this weekend, although I hope to see Jeremy Camp on Saturday, but it has already been an eventful Ichthus year with lots of memories.

0 comments: