Saturday, June 05, 2004

And the Critic Says...

It was fantastic. It was darker, it was deeper, it was funner. That's my summary of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Tonight I saw the third installment of the Harry Potter series. I must say Alfonso Curan does a completely different Harry Potter than Chris Columbus. However, it was an extremely intriguing Harry Potter.

As movies go, specifically movies geared towards kids, this is an excellent movie. It seems more to fit in the "teenager" category than the kids...but that makes sense since the main characters are now in their teenage years. As a story it was fantastic. The writing...blows me away. I laughed out loud; I was frightened; and I was relieved. And I already knew the story line!

A lot of liberties are taken with this movie in regards to the novel itself. But it is pleasing none the less. I have to say that my initial reaction is a bit subdued because this movie was so different than the previous two. It will take at least one or two more viewings for me to fully process the different Harry Potter world that Prisoner takes you into. So, my bet is this is not the last Harry Potter moment on the Blog. =)

0 comments: