Saturday, September 26, 2009

More Mini Albums

The past week I was busy making a few more mini albums as well as a gift card holder.  All of these were gifts, so I had to wait to publish them till the new owners received them.  I think the gift card holder is my favorite that I have made so far.  I just like how the colors and papers worked out!  I'm quite pleased by the mini albums as well.  I used my book to create them from scratch.  The covers are made with covered chipboard and then the pages (one sheet of cardstock) are attached accordion style.  I also learned a cool trick about hiding the ribbon underneath the pages.  The mini albums are very similar because they were created for my friends Kathy and Rachel to commemorate our weekend get together over labor day.  I used the same format for both albums and was able to create them over a couple days in 15-20 minute increments.  Now I just need to make one for myself!



Gift Card holder for my friend Kathy for her birthday

I fully lined the inside piece (because I didn't like its color) and I love the way it turned out!

Album for Kathy celebrating Labor Day weekend

The inside can be turned like pages or...


completely pulled apart for full viewing.  (Inside of Rachel's album)


Cover of Rachel's album.



2 comments:

Jules said...

These are excellent! I love my gift card holder I received at my birthday - what a great, cute way to keep all my cards together. :)

Ada Marie and Benjamin said...

I love the gift card holder too! The colors are just perfect! The mini album is on my mantle right now to remind me of our fun weekend! It is so cute! Thanks for the wonderful birthday presents!